Thursday, 4 June 2009

Caffeine headaches, fatigue and restlessness.

This is the third time I've been here and I don't seem to have learned. I've stopped using caffeine accept to stop the headaches and I tried to sit last night and lasted just a few minutes before throwing in the towel. I'd one today before my last class (I teach university) as I didn't want to inflict my headache and irritiability on my students, but that's the only one I've had today. Now I'm nursing a whopper and I'm thinking about having one to settle it.

I understand there is a long tradition of using caffeine to aid sitting, with monks here in Japan often drinking green tea (some of which is loaded with caffeine) before sitting to stave off sleepiness. For me though, that's not an option. I simply drink too much as my body starts to crave the drug. It's loads or none for me I'm afraid. Moderation is not an option. I'll deal with sleepiness by getting more sleep. I'll be doing the business au naturale from here on in ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment