Tuesday, 22 December 2009

Caffeine use is no inhibition to practice.

So I went back on the caffeine. I'm not annoyed at myself and I don't think it's as bad as thought it was to drink caffeine and to practice. My initial motivation to stop drinking caffeine was that it stimulated my mind too much and my thinking became even more frantic than usual. However, I've gained a certain insight from direct experience which has lifted me above this misunderstanding.

I have been able to stand back from my thinking just as easily with my mind engaged in a caffeine rush as when I wasn't drinking caffeine at all. This has come about as a result of practice. My original self is growing in strength and my ego is weakening its hold on me.

4 comments:

  1. I love coffee!

    Merry Xmas and Happy New Year 2010!

    Bows,
    Markus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Markus,

    And a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you.

    Yep, I love my coffee too, and I was pretty miffed when I came to the conclusion that I needed to stop for the sake of my practice. But, my understanding is deepening I think.

    One of the nicer things about allowing myself to drink caffeinated drinks is being able to drink Japanese green tea. There is a certain type called macha-genmai-cha, which is green tea with roasted rice grains through it. I love it. It's especially good poured over a bowl of rice. Hmmm, I think I'll put the kettel on :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a coffee and Tea hound. In fact I love it so much I set up another blog about it.
    http://wabisabitea.blogspot.com

    Enjoy the festive season. Peace

    ReplyDelete
  4. maggie.danhakl@healthline.com7 February 2015 at 11:22

    Hi,

    I thought you might find this interesting. Healthline has compiled a list of the Effects of Caffeine on the Body in a visual graphic and I thought you and your readers would be interested in seeing the information.

    You can check out the information at http://www.healthline.com/health/caffeine-effects-on-body We’ve had good feedback about the article and we think it will benefit your readers by giving them med-reviewed information in a visual way.

    If you think this information is a good fit for your audience would you share it on your site, http://zafufrog.blogspot.com/2009/12/caffeine-use-is-no-inhibition-to.html , or social media?

    Let me know what you think and have a great week.

    All the best,
    Maggie Danhakl • Assistant Marketing Manager
    p: 415-281-3100 f: 415-281-3199

    Healthline • The Power of Intelligent Health
    660 Third Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
    www.healthline.com | @Healthline | @HealthlineCorp

    ReplyDelete