Friday, 3 February 2012

Brad Warner on Tricycle.

I like Brad Warner's writing. He's pretty down to earth, of my generation, and we have shared some interests at different times in our lives. I've just noticed that he has an article on Tricycle Magazine so I though I'd post a link for folks to follow along and check it out.
Brad has several books, of which I've read one and a half. If you like the article you might enjoy reading some of them. Hardcore Zen was is first, and the first I read. It was a fun read and very informative in terms of coming to understand more about zazen and Zen in general. Here's the link:

http://www.tricycle.com/cushion/minty-fresh-mind

3 comments:

  1. I think Brads first book was great, however the rest I found a bit lacking. His blog is more like a rant of the day. He seems very preoccupied with scraping out a living wage and complaining about the zen sellouts. Still, I think he is an important Zen teacher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about the complaining about other Zen teachers. I've often thought that he should just let it go and concentrate on his own teaching. As you say, he's an important teacher for sure.

      Delete
  2. I believe he is attached to Dogen-Zen.

    ReplyDelete